"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Fro is No "Mo"

Well, Blake was born with tons of dark hair. We were thrilled because Grant had tons of dark hair too when he was born and we were so proud of our boys' thick thatch of beautiful hair. By the time Blake was one year old, his hair had become an issue. It was thick, coarse, curly, and CrAzY!!! It grows every which way, so even when it's short it doesn't lay exactly right. His hair is poofy, even when it's short. My mom always laughs at how Blake's hair doesn't grow, it "swells." Anyways, the hair that we were so proud of when our boys were babies has been a source of great anguish in the fact that they both have HATED getting their hair cut. Grant is fine with it now, but didn't used to be! Blake is still in the hating it with all that he is stage, so we probably go too long in between hair cuts just to avoid the nightmare of it all. This past Saturday, we decided to give Blake his first real "big boy" hair cut. Ovbiously he's had dozens of hair cuts by now, but Mase used the same settings this time that he uses on himself and Grant. I have to admit that even though I will always miss Blakey's curls, I do love his new do. Excuse me for the cheesy title, but "mo" is Blake's way of saying "more" and I just couldn't resist! The following pics were taken right after Blake's hair cut and bath and I think that he looks just a little proud of his new big boy hair cut.





4 comments:

  1. he looks so much more like grant with short hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so much older! I do think the longer hair made him look "smaller"...well...Blakey is anything but "small"... ;) but you know what I mean...maybe I should say younger! :P Looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new "do" and the title of your post! He's a cutie and looks like a little man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sure looks cute, but I loved the "fro!!!"

    ReplyDelete