"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Friday, August 13, 2010


So I turned 30 this summer and I've been inspired. Inspired to try new things. Inspired to chill out and "embrace the journey" because it's going so fast! I can't believe I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 years this summer and our two handsome boys turned 5 and 2 at the same time I turned 30. This has been a big summer for me and it's time to turn over a new leaf. I can't tell you how many times I've been listening to the radio, browsing in a store, etc., and the line "embrace the journey" has come up at a particular moment when I really needed to hear it. At first I just dismissed it as a coincidence...but now I realize that it was the Lord speaking to me. Guess He knows He needs to knock me upside the head with something a few times before I get the point. I believe with all of my heart that being a Christian wife and mother is the highest calling God will ever give me and this is a task that I do not take lightly. I'm so passionate about it and take it so seriously that sometimes I think I forget to "embrace the journey" and enjoy every single moment. I want to use this blog to help me capture, remember, and share with you some of the precious moments in my life of being a wife and mama to these Bordner Boys I've been so blessed with. I'm sad to say that I'm not super good about writing things down, so hopefully this will serve that purpose for me. Here we go... let's see how this turns out ...

4 comments:

  1. Hey!!! I'm excited you started a blog! I love writing ours. :) I will add you to the list I follow. Happy writing and keep it up! It's soooo fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely relate to the calling you feel. I've felt the same and I too have to remind myself to stop and enjoy/relax what He's given me. I want to do it all just perfectly but we're not called to perfection and it's not possible anyway. I'm so excited you've decided to do this - it's a great creative outlet that doesn't take long to keep up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome way to start your blog!! I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonie!! I am so very, very proud of you and the wonderful mama you are to your two strapping young sons! These will be some of the happiest days of your young married life...yes, do enjoy this ride, for you will never get this opportunity ever, ever again! I know, I raised two loving, caring, fun, mischievous, outrageous sons any mother could ever ask for. They are the light of my life...and for them, I thank God every day!!

    I love you, Sonja...and again, enjoy your ride in this journey called "life"!!

    My Love Always,
    Aunt Kathy <3

    ReplyDelete