"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Friday, August 13, 2010

"Praise God, Blake!"

Today I took the boys to meet my mom for lunch at Pizza Hut. While I was driving there (about a 20 min. drive), Grant was just talking away in complete long sentences and I was overwhelmed with joy over the progress he has made with his speech just in the last few weeks. Let me back up a little bit...Grant has been speech delayed and we have been on quite the quest to help him. We've just learned in the last several months that it is probably due to a combination of allergies and the fact that we didn't know he has had chronic fluid on his ears since maybe infancy, thus affecting his hearing which ultimately has greatly influenced his speech. Anyways, it's been quite a journey and that is a whole different story, but anyways...as I was saying...I was overjoyed over the things he was saying to me and the incredible conversations we've been having lately. When we pulled in, we see mom in the parking lot and Grant runs up to her and starts yacking her ear off. By the time we get in and get seated, Mom was in tears over not being able to believe the things he was saying to her and how FAR he's come, little did she know I'd just had all those same emotions. It was a wonderful time together. When Mase got home from work, we all went to Wal-Mart to get groceries. Mase was pushing Blake in the stroller and Grant was walking beside it. Out of nowhere Grant and Blake start hugging and Grant puts his hand on Blake's head and says "Praise God, Blake!" LOL...Mase and I were touched and oh so tickled all at once! This kid cracks us up so much. My Mom always says that she thinks Grant is spiritually gifted. Anyways...I'm doing my devotional later in the evening and I'm reading in 1 John about loving one another and I'm brought back to that special moment between the boys in Wal-Mart. It was so good for me to see because they have been fighting so bad lately and it's been wearing me down for sure. As I'm reading in 1 John, for some reason I feel compelled to flip back to Exodus to find the list of the 10 Commandments and when God first gave them to Moses. However, I went a little too far back in Exodus and came to, get this...the part I had forgotten about..."Moses said to the Lord, 'Oh Lord, I have never been eloquent, niether in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am SLOW OF SPEECH AND TONGUE.'" Then the Lord goes on to say that he will help Moses and then that he will "put words" in the mouth of Aaron, the brother of Moses, saying "I will help both of you speak and will teach you what to do." Wow! This just sums up my wonderful day! God is so good!!! Most of my posts won't be nearly this long but I had to share this!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you shared such an awesome story! I'm always amazed at God's perfect timing when it comes to Him sharing with us when we're taking the time to be with Him in His Word. Sometimes it's a struggle to fit it in, I have to do mine first thing in the morning or I don't make time for it, but I'm always so thankful I fit it in. It's always so rewarding to see our children get along! Makes up for all the other times they struggle. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat story, Sonja! I think that Blake and Grant will be extremely close and the very best of friends. As I've read on several occasions:

    "It's chance that made us brothers...
    It was choice that made us friends."

    I've always loved this and know that Chad and Travis have lived up to this saying, as well. I just know your "boys" will, too! Trust me, Sonja...they will be Best Buds and protect each other until the end of time.......

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete