"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wow, it's been a while!

I've been so busy lately that I've really been neglecting my blog. I guess I got frustrated with the last post I did because it takes so long to upload pics now. They must have changed something...I don't know. Anyways...the holdays are in full swing here at the Bordner house. We are all decked out and ready to go. Still need to do lots of shopping though! Over the weekend I told Grant that we were going to put away the pumkins and scarecrows and get out the Santas and snowmen and his response was to clap his hands, jump up and down, and say "Yay! It's gonna be fun!" Then he immediately gave me a spontaneous hug and kiss. That touched me so much and gave me just the nudge I needed to start in on it. It's such a job, but so rewarding to see how much the boys love it. Blake's favorite things are pushing the button on the Little People Nativity and seeing the star light up while it plays "Away in A Manger." He loves it so much that he said, "I kiss," and kissed the little star while it was lit up...so precious! He also loves this snowman we have from Hallmark that sings and plays the piano. It's always been a huge hit ever since Grant was a baby. We've caught Blake kissing and hugging the snowman as well. I bought Grant a little tiny Christmas tree for his room, to decorate with little tiny John Deere ornaments from Nana and Papa and he was beyone thrilled! Simple pleasures, for sure. The tree was $2.49 and it's his prized possession right now. Oh, and one more funny thing...Grant had a fever over the weekend and was just feeling kind of lousy from it. That was his only symptom, so I was just going to wait it out but yesterday he said to me, "I have mud in my ears." LOL!!! So, I called the dr and told them what he said and they laughed and said that they should see him to check for ear infection. Luckily, there was no infection, but Grant gave us and everyone at the drs office a good chuckle. Guess he's full of something, but it's not mud!!! :) Grant had lost about a pound since last time we were there. He weighed 46 lbs and Blake weighed 38 lbs 8 oz. Can't believe that Blake is 3 whole years younger than Grant and only weighs 7 1/2 lbs less than him! Love my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment